The support and involvement of parents at Woodlands Christian creates a dynamic and enriched community for our students, faculty, staff and families. Below is a sample list of opportunities for parents to connect within our community.
- Warrior Boosters
- Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
- Auction & Gala Volunteers
- Grade Level Representative
- Women's Bible Study
- Library Volunteer
- Team Parent
Supporting Student-Athletes for the Glory of God
The Woodlands Christian Warrior Boosters' purpose is to support athletic programs at Woodlands Christian by:
- Promoting school spirit, sportsmanship and encouraging attendance at all Woodlands Christian athletic events.
- Organizing and managing fundraising activities consisting of membership drive, sponsorship and special events.
The Woodlands Christian Academy is a registered 501(c)3 organization with Tax ID #76-0391401. Contributions are deductible to the extent permitted by law.
The Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) is the council of The Woodlands Christian Academy parents working together to promote the ideals of the school, to encourage fellowship among families, and to support the various needs of the teachers and classes while nurturing each other in Jesus Christ.
The purposes of the PTF are to:
- Promote the ideals of the school.
- Foster a sense of community and parent fellowship.
- Encourage the building of lasting relationships between parents.
- Facilitate parent involvement.
- Assist the administration of Woodlands Christian with special events.
- Coordinate and disseminate information about events sponsored by PTF.
During the school year, PTF is involved in organizing and supporting homeroom moms in the lower school and grade level moms in the middle and high school. PTF also welcomes and supports new families and hosts meetings and luncheons to inform parents of school news and activities.
For more information, contact our 2018- 2019 PTF President - Kelly Owens
Each spring Woodlands Christian holds an Annual Auction & Gala. The 2017 event theme was Rendezvous in Monte Carlo and was held on, Saturday April 8, 2017, nearly 500 formally attired guests gathered at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott for a festive evening of fellowship and fundraising. The event was chaired by CeCe and Richie Ray. Many thanks to our Grand Prix Presenting Sponsor, Richie's Specialty Pharmacy, the members of our auction and gala committee, and our many sponsors, volunteers and supporters. The event broke all previous auction records by grossing $2,750,000.
The 2018 Auction & Gala is being chaired by Shawn and Chad Lusk.
Keeping parents informed and connected is an important part of the culture at Woodlands Christian. To assist with the dissemination of information and coordination of volunteer and fellowship opportunities, each grade level has a parent volunteer that serves as the Grade Level Representative. This parent volunteer works closely with PTF to share important announcements, coordinate social activities and rally volunteers throughout the school year.
- High School Coordinator: Tania Bryngelson
- Middle School Coordinator: Amanda Gaige
- Lower School Coordinator: Lisa Greathouse
- Volunteer Coordinator: Stefanie Laugen
- Book Fair Coordinator: Katie Carlson
- Ladies Bible Study Coordinator: CeCe Ray & Krisi Monsivaiz
- Moms-In-Prayer Coordinator: Jerri Mortenson
- Teachers’ Lounge Treat Coordinator: Tonya Page
- Uniform Coordinator: Sandrine Janssens
- Grade Level Reps:
Pre K: Desiree Paul
K: Jennifer Chamberlain
1st: Leslie Bautz
2nd: Laura Wheeler
3rd: Rachel Alarid
4th: Becky Wise
5th: Elizabeth Alcala
6th: Shelley Powell
7th: Pam Higdon
8th: Jen Jadlot
9th: Jennifer Worthington
10th: Carrie Tucker
11th: Michelle Karim and Julie Jackson
12th: Lisa Birdwell and Katherine McBride
For more information, contact PTF
Parents are invited to volunteer in the school library. Duties include assisting the school librarian with book check-in/out, helping students to locate books on interest, and running the annual book fair.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, contact the school librarian.
Our athletic department coordinates thirteen different sports, each with several teams participating in play multiple times per week. Many of our team coaches appreciate the assistance of a Team Parent, a volunteer to help coordinate team snacks and meals, parent communication, team spirit, post season celebrations and other team specific needs.
Contact your athlete's team coach to volunteer.