New to Zoom or need a little guidance? Here are some basic instructions to get you connected to your first Zoom meeting.
Zoom Instructions for Participants
You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with speaker or headphones to watch or participate in a Zoom conference.
To join the Zoom video conference:
- At the start time of your meeting, click on the event link to join.
- If you do not have Zoom downloaded already, you will be prompted to download the application.
- When the Zoom opens, you can test your audio by clicking on “Test Computer Audio.” Once you are satisfied that your audio works, click on “Join audio by computer.”
Zoom participant controls:
Using the icons in the lower left corner of the Zoom screen, you can:
- Mute/Unmute your microphone (far left)
- Turn on/off camera (“Start/Stop Video”)
- Invite other participants
- View Participant list – opens a pop-out screen that includes a “Raise Hand” icon that you may use to raise a virtual hand
- Change your screen name that is seen in the participant list and video window
- Share your screen
Somewhere on your Zoom screen you will also see a choice to toggle between “speaker” and “gallery” view. “Speaker view” shows the active speaker. “Gallery view” tiles all of the meeting participants.
If you need more help, please click the link below to visit the Zoom resource and help center or email us at: GrandDays@TWCA.net.
Here are a few video backgrounds. Click on a file below, save it to your computer and then set it as your video background once you are logged in to Zoom. Note: the image you download will be backward or reversed, but will show up correctly when displayed inside Zoom.