Relocating to The Woodlands?
Choosing a new community, new home and new school will have a tremedous impact on your family. Some families choose to shop for the best school for their children first, then choose the community and finally a new home. Whatever order you are shopping in, we believe the following information about our community and The Woodlands Christian Academy will be helpful.
The Woodlands, TX
The Woodlands is known for its towering trees, winding nature trails, abundant outdoor recreation and excellent educational opportunities. Over the last three decades, this 28,000-acre master planned community has also become a thriving center for business, commerce and tourism.
The Woodlands is served by two major thoroughfares; I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road which are easily accessed from the heart of The Woodlands. Bush Intercontinental Airport is approximately 17 miles from The Woodlands. Access to east and west Houston is convenient via Beltway 8, approximately 14 miles away, and downtown Houston is a short 35-minute trip.
Quick Facts About The Woodlands, TX
- The Woodlands Texas is located about 30 miles northwest of Houston.
- There are 9 distinct villages that make up The Woodlands. Each village functions like its own small town, complete with different shopping centers, parks, hike and bike trails and playgrounds.
- The Woodlands population is approximately 90,000.
- The Woodlands is home to some of the best retail shopping and dining in the area. The Woodlands Town Center encompasses; The Woodlands Waterway, The Woodlands Mall, Hughes Landing and Market Street; offering dozens of upscale restaurants and shops.
- The Woodlands has a host of entertainment venues, most notably The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, a concert amphitheater.
- The Woodlands was ranked one of the top 10 safest communities in Texas.
The Woodlands Christian Academy has been a part of The Woodlands for the last 20 years. Located just minutes off of I-45 on SH 242, our beautiful 40 acre campus is easily accessible from anywhere in The Woodlands and surrounding areas. The Woodlands Christian Academy is an independent, Christ-centered college preparatory school that integrates learning with Biblical faith and challenges our students to reach their highest potential spiritually, academically, physically and socially for the glory of Jesus Christ.
Quick Facts About Woodlands Christian
- Woodlands Christian was established in 1993.
- TWCA is fully accredited by AdvancEd and ACSI.
- Woodlands Christian is a non-denominational Christian college preparatory co-ed day school.
- Current enrollment is 600 students in PreK-12th grade.
- Ideal student/teacher ratios based on grade level.
- Competitive athletic program.
- 91% student retention rate.
- The class of 2015 was offered $115,000/student in merit-based college scholarship.
- Educational travel and community service opportunities.
- SAT and ACT scores above the local, state and national averages.