Philosophy of Education
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words, which I command you today, shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children.” Deuteronomy 6:5-7
“Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
“In whom (Christ) are hidden all the treasures of knowledge and wisdom.” Colossians 2:3
“Fathers do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.” Ephesians 6:4
Woodlands Christian will:
- Uphold a thoroughly Christian world-view believing that all truth is God’s truth.
- Demonstrate the integration of learning, faith and life.
- Challenge students to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.
- Promote a rigorous academic standard in the pursuit of knowledge and wisdom in every area.
- Foster an atmosphere that encourages critical thinking through innovative teaching techniques, in order to engage students in the discovery of truth and promote a life-long appreciation for learning.
- Recognize the parents' ultimate responsibility for the child’s education and discipline by affirming the model of the family, church and school working together to direct the child.
- Encourage the expression of a Christ-like community within the ethnic, racial, cultural and denominational diversity of our school.
- Guide students to be responsible citizens while upholding the dignity due each individual.
- Inspire a love of virtue through self-discipline fostered by precept and example.