Dual Language Spanish Immersion
The Woodlands Christian Academy Dual Language Spanish Immersion Program
The Woodlands Christian Academy is pleased to announce the expansion of our Spanish Immersion Program for the 2023-2024 school year. We have added a 1st grade class in addition to our Kindergarten class that was introduced last school year.
Woodlands Christian has partnered with addalingua, an organization that works with schools to provide a dual language immersion program that prepares students for academic and linguistic success in two languages.
- A proven method of educating English-speaking students in an instructional setting that allows them to acquire a second language through full-day Spanish instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, and Science.
- Spanish is taught naturally, through daily classroom activities that meet the educational standards set forth by the school.
- Bilingual educations improves key elements of brain performance, particularly in the areas of right-brain/left-brain integration and executive function, which includes working memory, mental flexibility and self-control.
- Students in language immersion programs demonstrate higher levels of resilience, perseverance, greater creativity in problem solving, and are more flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Classes begin in early elementary, with an additional grade level added each year. For the 2023-2024 school year, Woodlands Christian will offer the Dual Language Spanish Immersion Program for Kindergarten and 1st grade students.
- Students selected for the program must meet the school's admission standards.