Dual Language Spanish Immersion
The Woodlands Christian Academy Dual Language Spanish Immersion Program
The Woodlands Christian Academy is pleased to announce the addition of a Spanish Immersion Program for the 2022-2023 school year. Woodlands Christian has partnered with addalingua, an organization that works with schools to provide a dual language immersion program that prepares students for academic and linguistic success in two languages.
What is Spanish Immersion?
- A proven method of educating English speaking students in an instructional setting that allows them to acquire a second language through full-day Spanish instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, and Science.
- Spanish is taught naturally, through daily classroom activities that meet the educational standards set-forth by the school.
The Research On Bilingual Education
- Bilingual educations improves key elements of brain performance, particularly in the areas of right-brain/left-brain integration and executive function, which includes working memory, mental flexibility and self-control.
- Students in language immersion programs demonstrate higher levels of resilience, perseverance, greater creativity in problem solving, and are more flexible and culturally sensitive.
Enrollment in the Program
- Classes begin in early elementary, with an additional grade level added each year.
- Students selected for the program must meet the school's admission standards.
Loading from Vimeo...